We, at Heroes Gold, hope the following information will help you in your search for the Golden Retriever puppy of your dreams.
There are many reasons why a reputable breeder is the choice for future dog owners. There are a wide variety of people who call themselves breeders, but reputable is the key word here. Please review the following information to learn what you should expect from an honest, reputable breeder.
1. Honest, open communication - all your questions should be answered completely, to your satisfaction.
2. All dogs and puppies should be housed in a clean environment, visible to you.
3. Look at the number of dogs a breeder has on the premises. It is unlikely that 20 or 30 breeding females would be given individual attention.
4. Make sure you are able to visit with one or both of the parents of the puppy. Remember the father plays an important role, too!
5. Do your homework regarding health questions for both parents of the puppy. Is all information about each parent, including pedigree, health testing and photographs openly presented on the breeder's website?
6. How many litters are produced each year? Each litter requires a lot of time and attention.
7. Be sure your puppy has been examined by a licensed Veterinarian and found to be healthy.
8. Are the puppies AKC(American Kennel Club) registered?
A good quality breeder should be as concerned about where their puppy is going to live, as you are about where it is coming from!!! Quality breeders know their puppies, and should be helpful to you in choosing your new companion. They are honest about the pros and cons of owning a puppy, and should offer life long support to you concerning your dog.